Melbourne has the most illustrious and unique selection of golf courses of any city in the world, with an amazing cluster of eight vintage layouts in its suburban sand-belt, all dating from the 1920’s or before, many of which were designed by Dr Alister MacKenzie, arguably the most influential course architect of the twentieth century.
These breathtaking courses are all cut from the same cloth. Their rolling fairways are lined with gum and tea trees; the shaggy overgrown rough areas are comparable to Scottish roughs; the par 3’s, when examined as a group, are perhaps the most sensational and distinguished par 3’s that can be found anywhere; and the natural-looking Melbourne bunkers are the most beautiful we have ever seen.
Golf in Melbourne is an experience no passionate golfer should miss, the sand-belt has the makings of an utterly superb golfing holiday.
Twin share AUS $1,850.00 per person
(Twin share AUS $1,120.00 non golfer)
Single room AUS $2,250.00 per person
(based on a minimum of 16 tour members travelling together)
- Return airfare Sydney/Melbourne/Sydney including 30 kgs checkin luggage
- 3 nights accommodation with full breakfast at Crown Promenade (or similar)
- Welcome cocktail function and tour gift pack
- 3 rounds of golf with return transfers as per itinerary
- Airport arrival and departure transfers in conjunction with tour flights noted above
- Meals not noted above
- Optional golf rounds
- Golf equipment hire e.g. Motorised golf carts, clubs, shoes
- Travel insurance